We invite enthusiastic SDSU undergraduate students to apply for a PAID summer research experience as part of our project “Species with binational distributions as a means for engaging Hispanic students into forestry and natural resources”. No experience is needed but interest in continuing a career in plant sciences or natural resources is required.
(Send your resume and a short statement of interest by April 28th to email@example.com). Interviews will start on May 5th.
Planned activities include:
· Field trips in California and Baja California (Mexico)*
· Attend national and international conferences and symposia*
· Training on molecular techniques
· Learn more about the important plants of our region used for food and textiles
· Develop national and international collaborations in Mexico
· Lead Workshops for younger students
· Gain more experience working with native plants in the field and growing them at home
*Travel to Mexico is optional, students without passports are still welcome to apply. Travel activities will follow all covid-related guidelines placed at the time of travel.